Position type: Internship, 12-month fixed term, full time
Location: P1vital Products Ltd, Manor House, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA
Salary: Circa £21,000 per annum
Reports to: Associate scientist
Role and responsibilities:
P1vital is an innovative Clinical Research Organisation that has grown rapidly to become a world leader in experimental medicine and digital health technologies for CNS disorders. We work with major pharmaceutical and biotech companies and enable them to make better informed decisions on the development of new treatments for psychiatric disorders including depression, schizophrenia, dementia, and anxiety. Our CNS experimental medicine approaches leverage cognitive-behavioural and neuroimaging tasks to provide sensitive biomarkers relevant to treatment efficiency.
We are seeking an intern (industry-placement student) with training in programming and/or statistical analysis to join our highly skilled team. The successful applicant will support the science team in the delivery and review of statistical analysis and provide support on other scientific activities as required. They will get the opportunity to learn about various health tools and technologies, the design and execution of clinical trials, data management, statistical analysis, and report writing.
• To support the programming of statistical analysis and generation of statistical outputs (e.g., tables, figures, and listings).
• To support the programming of processes for data management, data visualisation, and quality control.
• To support the writing of clinical study documents, such as reports, manuscripts, and summaries of research findings, as required.
• To support with clinical operations, such as recruitment monitoring and minuting meetings, as required.
• To support P1vital and P1vital Products with other business-relevant tasks as required.
Skills and experience:
• Studying for a degree in a relevant area such as statistics, computer science, biomedical science, neuroscience, experimental psychology, or a related discipline.
• Experience with programming and statistical analysis in tools such as Python, SAS, R, SPSS.
• Good communication skills (both written and oral).
• A concern for quality, attention to detail, and accuracy.
• Motivated to learn about and contribute to mental health science.
• Ability to work as part of a team and across a diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Good organisational and administrative skills.
To apply now or find out more, please send your CV to email@example.com