Senior Software Test Analyst
P1vital Products Limited (PPL) is looking for a Senior Software Test Analyst to work on the development of our innovative software products for the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors to improve the treatment of mental health conditions.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Software Test Analyst to be part of a growing multi-functional team to manage the ongoing development, deployment, maintenance and support of this and other products in the PPL pipeline.
As a senior software tester, you will be involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. You will conduct manual testing to ensure the software meets the specified requirements, that any documentation issues or software bugs are identified, documented, and dealt with as per PPL processes.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Software Test Analyst will be the creating, maintaining, reviewing of detailed user requirement specifications. The creation, maintenance, and review of project and test documentation (Change requests, user acceptance test plans (UATP), requirement traceability matrix (RTM), test cases/scripts, test data documents, executing software testing, exceptions, and writing summary reports/detail end of test reports (UATR)). Signing off documents as an author and reviewer. In absence of the Test Manager the Senior Tester will be responsible for signing off test documentation and user requirements as the Technical Reviewer.
Analysis of requirements, providing accurate estimates for packages of work to the Test Manager. Working with the Test Manager to prepare and schedule software testing, performing informal and formal manual software testing, reporting software and document defects, retesting software fixes, providing the Test Manager and wider project team with test reports and updating documentation.
Providing support and guidance to junior members of the team, supporting the IT Test team in the delivery of internal R&D packages, academic and commercial studies on our ePRO, iSpero and PReDicT platforms.
Leading packages of work and managing the IT Test Team in the absence of the Test Manager.
Supporting process improvement, creation and maintenance of SOP’s and processes, the implementation of tools (including the process to define tool requirements, identify tools, document & recommend suitable tools as well as supporting their implementation), enforcing standards, driving quality, training (IT Test Team and wider project team).
– Work with the test manager to estimate, plan and prepare work package testing activities
– Work on multiple projects at one time.
– Write and maintain detailed user requirements via PPL processes and SOP’s.
– Interpret user requirements and create/maintain test documentation via PPL processes and SOP’s.
– Conduct manual testing of new software features and regression testing of the wider systems.
– Reporting and managing defects to conclusion.
– Review executed test documentation and evidence.
– Write test reports (daily reports for progress) and detailed end of test reports to the Test Manager and wider project team.
– Support internal R&D projects to develop the IT Test Team.
– Support junior members of the team.
Skills and expertise
– NHS, healthcare sector, pharmaceutical or experience of another regulated environment (essential)
– Graduate with Computer Science or equivalent degree (IIi or above) and/or a higher degree (desirable)
– Industry recognised software testing qualification (essential)
– 5+ years’ experience of structured manual software testing (essential)
– 2+ years’ experience leading projects/small teams of testers (essential)
– Has excellent organisational, planning and time management skills (essential)
– Has written detailed user requirement documents (essential)
– Has written and maintained requirement traceability matrices (essential)
– Has written detailed test plan and test report documents (essential)
– Has written detailed well-structured test cases/scripts, detailed test data documents from user requirement documents (essential)
– Experience in working with third party software vendors (essential)
– Has experience in the use of test management tools (essential)
– Experience of testing web applications and testing on different devices (essential)
– Exposure to clinical trial software, primary or secondary care solutions (desirable)
– Exposure in the implementation of test management and automation tools (desirable)
– Exposure in the use of test automation tools (desirable)
– Has excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
– Has a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
– Be good at multi-tasking, able to prioritise workloads and context switch as necessary
– A logical thinker with creative problem-solving abilities.
– Ability to work independently in a challenging environment.
– Ability to work effectively with others.
– Advanced IT skills with MS office suite
Competitive and dependent on experience
– 28 working days annual holiday
– Flexible working
– Pension scheme
– Bonus scheme (Not guaranteed)
– EMI Share option scheme providing you and opportunity to have a real stake in the business
– Personal development/ training opportunities
To find out more or apply, please email your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com