Software Test Analyst
P1vital Products Limited (PPL) is looking for a Software Test Analyst to work on the development of our innovative software products for the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors to improve the treatment of mental health conditions.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Software Test Analyst to be part of a growing multifunctional team to manage the ongoing development, deployment, maintenance and support of this and other products in the PPL pipeline.
As a software tester, you will be involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. You will conduct manual testing to ensure the software meets the specified requirements, that any documentation issues or software bugs are identified, documented, and dealt with as per PPL processes.
The primary responsibilities of the Software Test Analyst will be the creating and maintaining of detailed user requirement specifications, change requests, user acceptance test plans (UATP), requirement traceability matrix, test cases/scripts, test data documents, exception logs, executing testing and writing summary reports/end of user test reports (UATR). Signing off documents as the author.
Analysis of requirements, providing accurate estimates for packages of work to the Senior Test Analyst and Test Manager.
Supporting the Senior Test Analyst and Test Manager in the preparation and scheduling of software testing, performing informal and formal manual software testing, reporting software and document defects, retesting software fixes, providing the Senior Test Analyst, Test Manager, and wider project team with daily updates (while testing) and writing end of test reports, updating documentation.
Providing support and guidance to junior members of the team, supporting the IT Test team in the delivery of internal R&D packages, academic and commercial studies on our ePRO, iSpero and PReDiCT platforms.
– Work with the test manager to estimate, plan and prepare work package testing activities
– Work on multiple projects at one time.
– Write and maintain detailed user requirements via PPL processes and SOP’s.
– Interpret user requirements and create/maintain test documentation via PPL processes and SOP’s.
– Conduct manual testing of new software features and regression testing of the wider system.
– Reporting defects and retesting when fixed.
– Review executed test documentation and evidence.
– Write test reports (daily reports for progress) and detailed end of test reports to the Test Manager and wider project team.
– Support internal R&D projects to develop the IT Test Team.
– Support junior members of the team.
Skills and expertise
– NHS, healthcare sector, pharmaceutical or experience of another regulated environment (essential)
– Graduate with Computer Science or equivalent degree (IIi or above) and/or a higher degree (desirable)
– Industry recognised software testing qualification (essential)
– 3-5 years’ experience of structured manual software testing (essential)
– Has excellent organisational, planning and time management skills (essential)
– Has written detailed user requirement documents (essential)
– Has written and maintained requirement traceability matrices (essential)
– Has written detailed test plan and test report documents (essential)
– Has written detailed well-structured test cases/scripts, detailed test data documents from user requirement documents (essential)
– Exposure to clinical trial software, primary or secondary care solutions (desirable)
– Exposure in the use of test management tools (desirable) 1
– Exposure in the use of test automation tools (desirable) 2
– Experience of testing web applications and testing on different devices (essential)
– Experience in working with third party software vendors (essential)
– Has excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
– Has a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
– Be good at multi-tasking, able to prioritise workloads and context switch as necessary
– A logical thinker with creative problem-solving abilities.
– Ability to work independently in a challenging environment.
– Ability to work effectively with others.
– Advanced IT skills with MS office suite
– Competitive and dependent on experience
– 28 working days annual holiday
– Flexible working
– Pension scheme
– Bonus scheme (Not guaranteed)
– EMI Share option scheme providing you and opportunity to have a real stake in the business
– Personal development/ training opportunities
To find out more or apply, please email your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com