Clinical Data Assistant (Internship)
Position type: 12 month placement
Location: Wallingford, UK (Due to COVID-19 remote working will be required initially)
Role and Responsibilities
An IT or Science placement student or graduate with an interest in clinical research or healthcare is required for a 12-month internship for a rapidly expanding digital healthcare company. P1vital Products Limited (PPL) is a leader in developing software and products for the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
Reporting to the Clinical Data Manager, the Clinical Data Assistant will be responsible for supporting the key activities below, whilst learning basic clinical data management skills via on-the-job training.
– To support the design, development and validation of data processing systems and tools
– To help support set up of clinical research sites with training accounts, training certification and access to the online study system.
– To support the collection, processing and collation of clinical data
– To monitor and maintain the quality of data systems / tools
– To assist the generation of interim, final datasets and reports
– To file, collate, and archive clinical study documentation and reports as required
Skills and Experience
– Graduate student or Graduate in Computer Science, Science or equivalent degree (on course for or achieved a Grade IIi or above)
– Ability to learn new skills rapidly in fast-paced environment
– Ability to work effectively with others
– Excellent organisational skills
– High level of attention to detail and accuracy
– Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
– Good working knowledge of MS office suite including Excel